My Account

OpenHouse Coverage

Frequently Asked Questions

Disclaimer: the answers below provide an overview of our coverage for general questions. Please refer to your policy for definitions and legal terminology.

What coverage can I build into my policy?

We offer comprehensive coverage for all of the following: the cost to rebuild your home and other property structures, your belongings and additional valuable items, temporary living expenses, personal liability, medical payments to others, animal liability, golf cart damage and liability, HOA assessment coverage, mold and fungi, ordinance protection, personal injury, screen enclosure damage during hurricanes, water backups, and sudden and accidental loss due to water. But, as mentioned, you can adjust these coverages to your heart’s content.

Do you offer insurance for investment properties or vacation homes?

At this time, we only offer coverage for owner-occupied, single-family homes used as a primary residence.

I built my policy. How do I pay?

We can send the bill to your mortgage company, or you can pay yourself all at once or in monthly installments throughout the year—whatever works best for you. Since we want to make buying home insurance as fast and easy as possible, you will select which payment option is right for you after building your OpenHouse policy. Don’t worry; if for any reason we aren’t able to offer you coverage, you won’t pay a thing.

Does my policy cover floods and earthquakes?

We don’t offer flood and earthquake coverage. These would need to be purchased separately.

How do I cover my more expensive belongings?

The belongings covered in your plan automatically include items like furniture, clothing and electronics. If you own high-value items like jewelry, fine art or antiques, you can select additional coverage for these when you build your policy.

What if I need to cancel my policy?

You can cancel your policy any time.
Start My Policy